Spændende nyheder! Out2Camp bliver til Camptoo

Go anywhere, stay safe!

You have found the perfect motorhome, caravan or tent trailer, and is all set to explore the world. For you to enjoy and get the most out of your trip, all our private-to-private rentals are accompanied with a mandatory, comprehensive insurance coverage for all privately-owned rental vehicles. Check out our insurances covering travellers, renters and owners.

Each day, 3,300 employees at Tryg create peace of mind and value for more than 3 million customers. Tryg strives for high customer and employee satisfaction, and several surveys show that:
  • Tryg is considered best at handling claims.
  • 78% of Tryg’s customers will recommend Tryg to friends and families after having been in contact.
  • 77% of Tryg’s customers give the highest score when ranking on Trustpilot.
  • Tryg is the insurance company with the most loyal customer compared to their competitors.

Tryg is the second-largest general insurer in the Nordic region, with presence in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Tryg is the largest insurer in Denmark and the third largest in Norway. In Sweden, Tryg is the fifth largest insurer.


The Out2camp insurance provides coverage for both renter and vehicle owner when both parties are private individuals.

Third-party liability:
  • Cover third-party liability when using the motorhome as vehicle.

Comprehensive insurance:
  • Damages to the rented, and coverage if stolen, robbed or lost.
  • Fixed accessories and supplementary equipment.
  • Tents, shelters and sun sails.
  • Owner’s own private furnishing and removable inventory belonging to and normally being within the rented.

  • Cash compensation for renter's accomodation if vehicle cannot be used as accomodation due to a damage.

Loss of rental income:
  • Cash compensation for owner's loss of future rental income due to damages to the vehicle. The condition is that future bookings are established through Out2Camp's platform.

Roadside assistance (excluding motorhomes older than 10 years):
  • Assistance when experiencing mechanical failure or accidents.
  • Flat tire or tyre defects, opening locked doors or bringing out fuel if unintendedly dry.
  • Salvage or transportation if onsite repairs are not feasible.
  • Replacement vehicle for breakdowns exceeding 48 hours.
  • Transportation of driver and passengers to nearest hospital if sick or otherwise not able to drive the vehicle.
  • Returning the vehicle to owner if renter or co-driver cannot drive the vehicle.


Following excess levels applies to the rental:
  • Third-party liabilities and damages to the vehicle have an excess of 5,000 DKK. A single incident including both third-party and damages to the vehicle counts as one incident.
  • For loss of a motorhome an excess of 10% applies, with a minimum of 20,000 DKK for each incident, and for caravan a 5% excess applies, with a minimum of 10,000 DKK for each incident.
  • For damages to furnishing an excess of 1,000 DKK applies.

Prerequisite for coverage

Renter and approved drivers in the rental agreement must comply with the following requirements in order for the rental to be covered by the insurance:
  • Must be at least 23 years old.
  • Have a valid driving license for at least 3 years.
  • Driving license must be issued in a Denmark, Norway or Sweden.
  • Be a resident in Denmark, Norway or Sweden and have a national ID for the country of residence.

Vehicle must comply with the following:
  • Year of first registration for a motorhome not exceeding 15 years, and for a caravan or tent trailer 20 years.
  • A motorhome must not have mileage exceeding 250.000 kilometers.
  • Gross maximum weight for a motorhome and caravan not exceeding 6.000 kg and 2.000 kg respectively.
  • Maximum replacement value for motorhomes is 2,000,000 DKK and 800,000 DKK for caravans.
  • Country of registration must be Denmark.
  • A motorhome must have an existing third-party liability- and comprehensive insurance, while a caravan must have a comprehensive insurance – both categories have to be insured in a publicly registered insurance company.

A renter must bring the Green Card along when renting a motorhome.

Coverage area

The insurance policy covers driving in the following countries:
Austria, Albania, Andorra, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Belarus, Switzerland, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, France, Liechtenstein, Finland, United Kingdom, Greece, Hungary, Croatia, Italy, Israel, Iran, Irland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Marocco, Moldova, Macdoniea, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Russia, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine.

Insurance terms

Not all applicable terms relevant for the Out2Camp insurance are mentioned on this page. Should an accident or damage occur, the insurance terms applies. You may find terms and fact sheet here:

Fact Sheet for motorhomes
Fact Sheet for caravans and tent trailers
Insurance terms for private rentals of motorhomes
Insurance terms for private rentals of caravans and tent

Questions regarding our insurance?

Should you have any doubt or questions regarding our insurance? Our support is always ready to help you out!